Leaderboard
728x15

What my camera looked like after this year's Burning Man.

Large Rectangle

Some cool my photos images:


What my camera looked like after this year's Burning Man.
my photos
Image by mr. nightshade
This was my camera after Burning Man 2009. It saw hard use, taking nearly 3,000 photos over the eight days I spent in the desert. (Here's my Burning Man gallery)

Nothing is exaggerated here: that's just how it looks.

Did I protect it? No. I kept it in its bag when not in use. It's fine and works like a champ.

The lenses and camera have not been cleaned since the burn; I've kind of blown off the sensor a little, but otherwise it's untouched and A-OK.

If you think your camera needs protection out there, you A) need a better camera or B) didn't use yours enough, and either way you didn't take enough photos.

This camera has shot approximately 72,000 photos, and taken at least two ~4' drops to concrete. This was its second Burning Man (as it came out (and was subsequently purchased by me) September 2007).

Banner