Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Online Photo Editor photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool online photo editor images:


sunblockers
online photo editor
Image by timsnell
a while ago i mentioned that i went for a meeting with a magazine editor in la paz with view to publishing some of my photos in the next issue. when i returned to la paz i checked into a hostel and saw the magazine on the side with my photo on the front cover. it was a good feeling. the magazine is a free, english language magazine called bolivian express - i'd met some girls who wrote for it when i went to the mines in potosi and that chance in encounter ultimately led to my photos appearing in it. the pictures were all about the aymara new year, which i witnessed and photographed in tiwanaku on winter solstice. you can read a bit more about it in the accompanying magazine article - here's a link to the online version. this photo appears in the centre page spread as part of a photo essay - whatever that is. as is tradition, everyone in the crowd that gathered to welcome the new years sun raised their hands to the sky. well everyone except me who just took a bunch of pictures of them.

here's the original


IMG_7190.jpg
online photo editor
Image by Dawn Endico
Tried to feed the parrots, but it was too late.

----
I 've been using iPhoto to organize my photos but I have too many photos now and I'm trying out Lightroom. (my Mac is too lightweight for Aperture). I like Lightroom a lot but I don't care for the fact that it embeds photo captions and titles as exif data. There are times where I'll want the online caption to have less info than the version on my hard drive (e.g. remove people's names). The only way to change the exif data of a photo on flickr is to re-upload the shot. Unfortunately they haven't released an SDK yet so it will be a while before there's a good fickr uploader for it or a way to move my pics from iPhoto to Lightroom without losing a lot of data.

I uploaded this by making setting Flickr Uploadr as the anternate editor in Lightroom's prefs and then chose 'Open in Uploadr' for the "after export" setting in "post processing". Unfortunately, Uploadr set the photo title to the file name instead of using the exif title field. It didn't fill in any of the exif data into the uploadr dialog but after the photo uploaded, the caption and keywords were set correctly. It also created tags for the IPTC City and state fields.

The color adjustment controls are a lot different than photoshop but I think once I get used to them I'll like them more. I when I tried editing this photo in photoshop I never got results i liked very much but this adjustment was pretty easy in lightroom. Still not a masterpiece, but not bad for such low light. I think I'll like heirarchical tags a lot too.


Ambassador Katz and Mark Schlakman
online photo editor
Image by Village Square
Allan Katz: A Year in Lisbon, featuring U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Portugal Allan J. Katz. Event details online: www.wiki.tothevillagesquare.org/x/kQDQ

Photo credit: Bob Howard

Katz was joined in a discussion on his life as an ambassador by close friends former Florida Rep. Loranne Ausley, Tallahassee Democrat Editorial page Editor Mary Ann Lindley and Tallahassee City Commissioner Andrew Gillum. Tallahassee City Commissioner Gil Ziffer was the master of ceremonies for the evening. The evening also featured at discussion with FSU's Mark Schlakman on the tumultuous global events the past year.

Banner