Leaderboard
728x15

Tragedy by the Sea

Large Rectangle

Some cool photo gallery images:


Tragedy by the Sea
photo gallery
Image by cliff1066™
1955 Pulitzer Prize, Photography, John L. Gaunt, Los Angeles Times

April 2, J 954. Los Angeles Times photographer John Gaunt lounges in his front yard in Hermosa Beach, Calif., enjoying the sun. Suddenly, a neighbor calls out. "There was some excitement on the beach," says Gaunt. "I grabbed a RoIIeiflex camera and ran."

Down by the water, Gaunt finds a distraught young couple by the shoreline. Moments before, their 19-month-old son was playing happily in their yard. Somehow, he wandered down to the
beach. He was swept away by the fierce tide.

The little boy is gone. There is nothing anyone can do. Gaunt, who has a daughter about the same age, takes four quick photographs of the grieving couple. "As I made the last exposure,
they turned and walked away" he says. The little boys body is later recovered from the surf.


Spent Poppy
photo gallery
Image by mclcbooks


My Blythe acting as the promoter for my upcoming gallery show...
photo gallery
Image by futurowoman
I got the postcards for my gallery show back from the printer today, and, while I intend on taking suitably professional photos of them tomorrow, I took this fun one tonight!

I am having a fine art photography gallery show July 16-August 9th*, and this is Ling, modeling the promo postcards!

If you'd like to see the photos that will be in the show, you may see them here:
www.flickr.com/photos/futurowoman/sets/72157594402674900/

*My exhibition is entitled "Glimpses of Everyday Light" and I'll be exhibiting 12 photos (6 8x8" and 6 8x12"), all taken with vintage and/or toy cameras. The gallery is the Union Gallery at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX, USA. If you're in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, swing by and check it out!!!

The photo in the post card was taken using a finger-sized plastic 110 keychain camera from a Kellogg's Corn Flakes box and the original 1991-expired film!

Banner