Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Photo To Poster photos

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo to poster images I found:


Westland Row? Absolutely not!
photo to poster
Image by National Library of Ireland on The Commons
Hadn't meant this image from our Eason Collection as any kind of mystery photo - just liked it for the shops and thought we might get a date from the posters. It was allegedly Westland Row in Dublin, but there is no church spire that looks like that visible from Westland Row. Was wondering if it mightn't be up more towards Harcourt Street, and that turned out to be the case -see comments below...

Date: Circa 1912? (but almost certainly 1912-22)

NLI Ref.: EAS_1784


Photo Assignment: "Light" - Ride The Light
photo to poster
Image by colorblindPICASO
Lasers + eyes = BAD! That said, I decided to fire off my high-powered green laser in the dark and see what happened!=) Of course this didn't turn out exactly how I pictured it in my head. I wanted this green beam, focused perfectly in space disappearing in a thick bokeh. But lacking the skill to pull it off, I got this instead.=)

I taped the laser on top of the lens and pre-focused on a spare tripod a few feet in front of the camera. I aimed the laser so that it hit the poster frame at the end of the hall and bounced back past the camera. To get the beam to show up I misted the hair with water from a spray bottle. I was actually able to walk from the camera to the back of the hall misting both beams. As long as I stayed out of the beam and didn't linger, you can't really tell I'm there.

Like most of these shots, I have ideas for improving the technique, but it looks cool anyway. Plus, neither my camera's CCD or my retinas got burned in the process. Score!

This is part of the second set of photo assignments I'm doing with my friend Abstract Duck. This month it was my turn to pick the topic, so I went with "Light." Pretty easy since pretty much any photo has light in it... but it was more challenging than I expected.

Banner