Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Photo To Poster images

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo to poster images I found:


fairey poster photo source?
photo to poster
Image by stevesimula
After seeing an article about someone purportedly discovering the original photo source for Shepard Fairey's now-famous poster, I did a little digging myself and think they're wrong. The image I found on this site, seems to me to be a much better match.

intrepidliberaljournal.blogspot.com/2006/10/reminiscing-a...

Particularly note the eyes.


Purl Harder Poster
photo to poster
Image by Mr. T in DC
Wartime poster exhorting knitters to remember Pearl Harbor and "purl harder." Photo of a reproduction; the original is in the collection of the Library of Congress, and was originally created under the WPA, so I think it's OK to post it here as it should be in the public domain.


Interactive Poster Construction
photo to poster
Image by kmakice
To make my interactive poster for CHI, I needed to cut some ducting sheet metal to allow my magnetic photos to stick. I prototyped the engineering with my test poster, which was a slightly thinner material.

Banner