Leaderboard
728x15

Boiler room

Large Rectangle

Some cool image post images:


Boiler room
image post
Image by Neil Kremer
Don't mind if i do Kenmoauc.
I would never post this but lately I've been really disappointed by the overuse and abuse of HDR software. Over saturated colors, using the HDR software to create texture that the software isn't really meant for. Turning photographs into graphic art that a 1st year art student wouldn't turn in as homework. I'm talking about the kind of images only enjoyed by someone at a motocross event drinking Redbull with a NASCAR shirt on. (I raced Motocross for years, I can say that.) I was nothing but guilty of this just a few months ago. But I'm at least trying to move on. I see photographers that have been doing this for years and are only going backwards and it really is bad for the craft in my opinion.
With that rant over; this image was throw away but I thought I would use it to make a point. This room was almost pitch black. That window was the only light source. No camera in the world could possibly capture the light in the foreground and the palm tree outside. So at least 3 exposures from -2 to +2 are required. Keep in mind it was very dark in the room but I could faintly see the green in the foreground. By overexposing one image and leaving the shutter open 2 times longer than the cameras computer suggested I was able to Over Expose the foreground making it visible. At the same time, this over exposure "blew out" the lighted areas of the background. To get the lighted areas properly exposed, I took an exposure that was 2 times faster than the camera's computer suggested and it did the trick but the foreground was totally black. Now I have the best of both worlds.
I also took one exposure (the zero) as suggested by the computer.
That's nice, what do you do with 3 different exposures? Do you cut, blend or mask them together in PhotoShop? I could but the light wouldn't match up. It would look more like a collage than a photograph. So I use special software that utilizes an algorithm designed for the purpose of combining multiple exposures. That's it? No, the High Dynamic Range image that is created by this algorithm has created colors that fall outside of the color range of our modern day monitors and printers. Oh no, what do you do next? We "tone map" and that's where the clown vomit is created. Tone mapping is a way to reintroduce the original colors and tones of the HDR image into a format that can be view on a modern monitor or printer. The idea here is to recreate the scene as it was in reality. The problem is that some photographers take a great deal of drugs or live in fantasy land because the products they're creating are not close to anything resembling the reality of physics here on Earth or visible through the lenses of even the Hubble.
Rant over.
Now, if you look in the lower left corner you will see little dots and pieces of missing information. That's because the software isn't able to reproduce areas that where so dark the overexposure couldn't even take the light out of it. In that case I could have used a longer exposure, say -3 or I could use photoshop to recreate what I think was there. The best option in this case would be to throw the image away and never let anyone see it because it's really not interesting to look at in the first place.


www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Ghost_Adventures/Video/Lin...


Buddha Quote 107
image post
Image by h.koppdelaney
Why do I post more than 108 Buddha Quotes? Buddha talks from “There” to “Here”. His words are messages for all seekers to remember “There”.
Those who experienced “There” realized the truth of his words and even if they fall back into “Here” they praise the truth and call it the “Key to Heaven”.
Loving kindness, the open heart is the needle eye to Paradise. Are you looking for ascension? Buddha says it very clear: “All you need is Love.”
H

This is the 107th of 108 Buddha Quotes :-)
You are welcome to share the wisdom with your friends.

HKD

Digital art based on own photography and textures

HKD

You will find me here as well:
koppdelaney.blogspot.de/

See all quotes in this set:
www.flickr.com/photos/h-k-d/sets/72157631016251186/

Banner