Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Fun Photos images

Large Rectangle

Check out these fun photos images:


Paradise Pier with Mickey's Fun Wheel & new sign, Disneyland Resort, California
fun photos
Image by Mastery of Maps
A view of Paradise Pier with the Mickey's Fun Wheel at night and the new Paradise Pier sign. Compare this photo to the original Paradise Pier.


Gaynor fun'l [funeral] - entering City Hall (LOC)
fun photos
Image by The Library of Congress
Bain News Service,, publisher.

Gaynor fun'l [funeral] - entering City Hall

1913 Sept. 20 (date created or published later by Bain)

1 negative : glass ; 5 x 7 in. or smaller.

Notes:
Title and date from data provided by the Bain News Service on the negative.
Photo shows funeral of William Jay Gaynor (1849-1913), Mayor of New York City. (Source: Flickr Commons project, 2010)
Forms part of: George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).

Format: Glass negatives.

Rights Info: No known restrictions on publication.

Repository: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, D.C. 20540 USA, hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print

General information about the Bain Collection is available at hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.ggbain

Higher resolution image is available (Persistent URL): hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.14317

Call Number: LC-B2- 2833-10


fun with favorites 2
fun photos
Image by bunchofpants
(This is part 2 of this story.) While I was photographing my page o' faves, these two guys came out of the building for a smoke. "What are you doing?" one of them asked. "I'm taking pictures of pictures," I said. "You're not vandalizing the building or anything, are you?" he said. 'Oh, no, of course not," I said--truthfully, because I was beautifying it, right? "Are those pictures any good?" he asked. "Yes, come over and see," I said. So the dudes come over and of course I rope them into letting me photograph them ... the one on the left had to put his goggles on first.

I'm going to go vandalize, er, I mean beautify, stuff more often.

Banner