Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Image Galleries images

Large Rectangle

A few nice image galleries images I found:


golden ship
image galleries
Image by petros asimomytis


Miss Gergana and Mr. Kralev, version 2
image galleries
Image by gwilmore (I HATE THE NEW LAYOUT!)
A color version of this image appears elsewhere in my photostream, and I regard it as perhaps my best dance photo of all time. A 5x7 print of it sits in a frame atop the credenza in my office, and another framed 5x7 print adorns the receptionist's desk at the Chandler Fred Astaire studio. That one is immediately visible to anyone entering the studio, and it has generated some good publicity for that establishment, as well as for the photographer. A week or so ago I dropped by for a brief visit, and a student I barely knew came up to me, pointed to it, and said, "That's an AMAZING picture!"

This morning I posted a link to that photo on my Facebook page, where it generated some very nice comments. A couple of my friends suggested that I do a version in black and white, which at first I was disinclined to do because I just didn't want to tamper with something that was already so close to being perfect. But then I thought, why not? Accordingly, after all of about two minutes of processing in PSE 3.0, here's the black-and-white version for all the world to see. This one will be linked on my Facebook page as well, so we'll see what kind of feedback it generates.

Incidentally, a third framed copy of the color version was given to Miss Gergana, and it now forms part of the decor of the apartment she shares with Mr. Kralev.


Norwich Cathedral. Choir, looking East
image galleries
Image by Cornell University Library
Collection: A. D. White Architectural Photographs, Cornell University Library
Accession Number: 15/5/3090.00886

Title: Norwich Cathedral. Choir, looking East

Photographer: S. E. Poulton


Photograph date: ca. 1865-ca. 1895
Cathedral date: 1096-1501


Location: Europe: United Kingdom; Norwich

Materials: albumen print

Image: 11 1/4 x 7 1/4 in.; 28.575 x 18.415 cm

Provenance: Gift of Andrew Dickson White

Persistent URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1813.001/5t00

There are no known copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.



We had some help with the geocoding from Web Services by Yahoo!

Banner