Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Upload Image photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool upload image images:


Wormsloe, the Endless Forest of Savannah - 16,000 pixels wide!
upload image
Image by Stuck in Customs
My Biggest Photo Ever and Flickr can't handle it
The TIFF of the photo below is 984 megs, and the JPG is 124 megs! It's about 16,000 pixels across and very fun to zoom in on as you go down the lane. I dropped it to 12,000 pixels so I could upload, but, I feel a little short-changed!

You can see the Original Size below...

I wish Flickr would offer a premium subscription where I could post huge photos. I'd gladly pay 0 a year for a premium subscription that gets me all sorts of extra features, like big photos, high quality videos like my Vimeo sub, tier 1 tech support, and all sorts of other goodies.

Another Forest Photo, Hanging at HQ of Flickr Competitor

The fine people at Smugmug (see my port there at stuckincustoms.smugmug.com/) have chosen my Bamboo Forest photo to hang inside their headquarters in California. They are actually building a 60" lightbox behind it. I'll see it in person in a few weeks when I go visit the crew there. I'm looking forward to it!

Daily Photo - Wormsloe, the Endless Forest of Savannah
My friend Scott Kublin (who made it to my Favorites page on my iPhone... he was at the bottom, but I just moved him up above the babysitter) lives in Savannah, so it was good to visit him on my little road trip. He commented that regular visitors to Stuck In Customs would probably like to see current shots while I am traveling around! So, here it is! However, this one took about 3-4 hours to edit, five cups of coffee, and several pieces of pie. Did you see my little "Buy Trey Chocolate For Energy" there in the right column? Yes, I burn through copious calories to create these things. This one almost broke my back, but I am very happy with it.

Some of you may remember this place from Forest Gump... A lot of it was shot down in Savannah. Besides Wormsloe, I also visited some amazingly moody cemeteries, draped in mossy trees. I'll get to editing those photos another time... maybe when I get back home to Texas!

from Trey Ratcliff at www.stuckincustoms.com


The Infinite Stairs to the Oubliette
upload image
Image by Stuck in Customs
This is one of the areas where the French kept Marie Antoinette in the conciergerie. There were many mysterious parts of these chambers, and this was one of the most interesting.

I one time designed a set of stairs like this back in the day with a Quake level editor. There was a website where you could upload your creations that could be shared by other level designers. I uploaded my stairs, but I don't know if they were ever used or not. I thought I saw them in E1M4, but then I realized that those stairs were actually 5x better than mine.

from the blog www.stuckincustoms.com

Banner